HOW TO USE ONE-PEDAL DRIVING AND REGEN ON DEMAND
Difficulty Level: Intermediate | Time Required: 2 minutes | Tools Required: None | Related Parts, Products, Services or Technology: None
If your electric vehicle is equipped with One-Pedal Driving† and Regen On Demand†, they can help slow down and stop your vehicle under certain conditions. You can use each of them separately or together. One-Pedal Driving makes your vehicle slow down quickly when you lift your foot off the accelerator. Regen On Demand is a separate feature that lets you use a paddle on the back of your steering wheel to control how fast you slow down.
Important: State of Charge and Regenerative Braking
To help you maintain your vehicle’s battery, it is recommended you only charge your battery to 80% capacity for daily use. This allows space in the battery for regenerative braking, which uses the electric motor to help slow the vehicle while simultaneously charging the vehicle with free energy. For longer trips, you can adjust your charge above 80% for extended range. See your Owner’s Manual for more information.
HOW TO TURN ONE-PEDAL DRIVING ON
1. Before you can use One-Pedal Driving, you have to turn it on. To turn the feature on in Cadillac LYRIQ models:
a. Select the Vehicle Controls app on your infotainment screen.
b. Then, select “Drive and Park” to turn One-Pedal Driving on or off and customize the level of braking it offers. You can also use the Drive Mode Control app to turn the feature on or off.
c. You may also see a One-Pedal Driving button on the bottom of your screen that you can use to quicky turn One-Pedal Driving on or off.
2. One-Pedal Driving will remain on until you turn it off, even if you turn your vehicle off and then back on again.
HOW TO USE ONE-PEDAL DRIVING
When One-Pedal Driving is engaged, the position of your accelerator pedal determines how the vehicle will behave — either accelerating, coasting, slowing down quickly, slowing down gradually or coming to a complete stop.
1. Press down on the accelerator pedal to accelerate, as usual.
2. When you take your foot completely off the accelerator pedal while you’re driving, the vehicle will slow down quickly based on your selected settings.
3. If you lift your foot off the pedal only slightly, the vehicle will slow down more gradually.
4. You can control how aggressively the vehicle slows down by adjusting how much you lift off the accelerator pedal. To continue driving, press the accelerator pedal.
5. While using One-Pedal Driving, you can also continue to use your brakes as needed to slow or stop the vehicle.
HOW TO USE REGEN ON DEMAND
You can manually slow your vehicle down with the Regen On Demand paddle. This will convert some of the energy from your vehicle’s movement and send it to your vehicle’s battery. You can use this feature on its own or together with One-Pedal Driving.
1. To use Regen On Demand, pull the paddle on the back of your steering wheel toward you and hold it.
2. The vehicle will slow down more quickly. You can release the paddle when you want to continue normal driving.
a. On Cadillac LYRIQ models, Regen On Demand lets you control how quickly your vehicle slows down when using the paddle. To do this, pull the paddle closer to you for more aggressive deceleration.
3. If the vehicle is brought to a complete stop while you’re holding the paddle, the vehicle will not creep forward when you release the paddle. Use the accelerator pedal to move forward.
4. While using Regen On Demand, you can also continue to use your brakes as needed to slow or stop the vehicle.
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.
To find out if your vehicle has this feature, contact your dealer or refer to your vehicle’s equipment list. Please check your Owner’s Manual for more information about features.