HOW TO USE YOUR HANDS-FREE POWER TRUNK
Difficulty Level: Novice | Time Required: 1 Minute | Tools Required: None | Related Parts, Products, Services or Technology: Key fob
Available Hands-Free Power Trunk with Logo Projection, if equipped, lets you open and close your trunk with a kicking motion below the bumper. An illuminated logo projection on the ground shows you where to kick.
HOW IT WORKS
Your Hands-Free Power Trunk opens when you kick under the rear bumper in a straight kicking motion.
- On some models, you can kick close to the trunk
- Some models also have a logo projection that automatically illuminates when you’re within 1.8 metres (6 feet) of the rear bumper with your key fob. It stays lit for 60 seconds, showing you where to kick
OPERATING THE HANDS-FREE POWER TRUNK
- Your key fob must be within approximately 1 metre (3 feet) of the rear of your vehicle.
- Aim your kick over the logo projection on the ground.
- Kick up beneath the bumper, in and out, in one quick, straight motion. Be sure to kick high enough to come within .127 metres (5 inches) of the bumper. Do not kick the bumper.
- The trunk will open using the kicking motion even when the logo projection turns off after 60 seconds.
- Swiping your foot side to side or stepping on the logo projection does not open the trunk.
- When you close the trunk, there’s a two-second delay to give you time to step away from the moving trunk lid.
- Your taillamps will flash and a chime will sound to alert you that your trunk is opening or closing.
TURNING THE KICK FUNCTION ON AND OFF
- Select the Hands-Free Customization Menu icon on your infotainment screen.
- Select On or Off.
- Selecting Off will disable the hands-free control of the trunk. If your vehicle includes logo projection, it will also be turned off.
- If your vehicle has logo projection, it does not activate if both key fobs are near your vehicle. The kick-to-open feature still functions, but the logo projection does not illuminate on the ground
- Check your Owner’s Manual for kick-location details
The logo projection illuminates for 60 seconds each time you come back to your vehicle. If it’s already on when you come back, it stays on for 60 more seconds. If you approach the vehicle five times in 5–10 minutes, the logo projection will turn off for an hour. If you approach the trunk and stay there for several minutes, the projection will not turn on the next time the trunk is used. However, you can still kick to open the trunk even without the logo projection.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.