HOW TO USE HITCH GUIDANCE WITH HITCH VIEW
Difficulty Level: Intermediate | Time Required: Five Minutes | Tools Required: None | Related Parts, Products, Services or Technology: None
If your vehicle has this available feature, Hitch Guidance with Hitch View displays a guideline on the Rear Vision Camera view when you’re in REVERSE to help† line up your hitch to your trailer and offers a close-up Hitch View. When driving, Hitch Guidance with Hitch View allows you to briefly check your trailer using the Rear Vision Camera view.
HOW TO USE HITCH GUIDANCE
1. Shift into REVERSE and select the HITCH GUIDANCE button on the bottom of your infotainment system screen. Depending on your vehicle, the button may look like a guideline on top of a trailer icon. The Rear Vision Camera backing guidelines will then change into a single guideline that will help you back up to your trailer. The line will extend from behind your vehicle to the trailer coupler, while bending and adjusting as you turn while backing up.
2. To line up your vehicle’s hitch ball with your trailer’s coupler, back up slowly. Steer to keep the single dynamic guideline aligned over your vehicle’s hitch ball and centred with the coupler of the trailer.
3. When you get close to the trailer coupler, you can select the HITCH VIEW button (if equipped) from your infotainment system screen. The icon looks like a trailer hitch with a magnifying glass on top of it. Hitch View will bring up a zoomed-in view of your vehicle’s hitch ball and trailer coupler to help make trailer hitching easier.
- When it is safe to do so, you can briefly check the Hitch View camera display to see the hitch connection while you’re driving forward by pushing the CAMERA icon on your infotainment system. On some vehicles, this view will time out after 8 seconds
- While you’re backing up, if your vehicle is equipped with these features, you may still hear the Rear Park Assist or Rear Cross Traffic Alert feature beeps (or your Safety Alert Seat may pulse, if equipped) when the system detects an object. However, the on-screen alerts you usually see with these features won’t show when you’re in Hitch View mode
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
Yes. This feature is not dependent on an electronic connection to the trailer and can be viewed even if the trailer is not connected.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.